[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55603: PHP 8.2: address deprecation of the utf8_encode() and utf8_decode() functions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 21 20:54:28 UTC 2022

#55603: PHP 8.2: address deprecation of the utf8_encode() and utf8_decode()
functions
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  jrf                      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  task (blessed)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 Thanks for the ticket!

 For option 2, I think we'd need to also check the required PHP modules
 during installation, to avoid fatal errors. As far as I can tell, marking
 a module as required in Site Health displays a warning on existing sites
 if the module is unavailable, but does not block the installation for new
 sites.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55603#comment:1>