[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55288: Site Editor on 5.9.1 fails to find homepage template for FSE themes, on WP subdirectory installation

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 14 00:02:31 UTC 2022

#55288: Site Editor on 5.9.1 fails to find homepage template for FSE themes, on WP
subdirectory installation
--------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  andronocean   |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by westonruter):

 Replying to [comment:6 andronocean]:
 > @westonruter I'm guessing the mixed content error's source is different.
 Any chance that part goes away if you change the home URL to `https://`?

 My home URL actually is already HTTPS.

 It turns out that the editor actually works fine when I have the latest
 Gutenberg active, that is when I go to `/path/to/wp/wp-
 admin/themes.php?page=gutenberg-edit-site`. When I have Gutenberg
 deactivated and go to `/path/to/wp/wp-admin/site-editor.php` then I get
 the error. So maybe something in the latest Gutenberg version(s) have
 fixed the issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55288#comment:7>