[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55527: <em></em> disappears from post titles when post (in 'editing' view) is refreshed + post titles lose italics formatting when changes made

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 6 20:16:52 UTC 2022

#55527: <em></em> disappears from post titles when post (in 'editing' view) is
refreshed + post titles lose italics formatting when changes made
 Reporter:  altfgcom      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by altfgcom):

 Just wanted to say thanks for the reply.

 I see that the issues we're having - html markers disappear from title
 after post refreshed, italics disappear from title once changes are made
 to it - are pretty much discussed there.

 The curious thing is, someone there seems to know what the cause is.

 Wondering why it hasn't been fixed yet (including yesterday's WP update).

 Anyhow, thanks again.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55527#comment:4>