[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54070: Increase CPT "machine name" limit from its current maximum of 20 characters.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 16 20:19:11 UTC 2021

#54070: Increase CPT "machine name" limit from its current maximum of 20
characters.
 Reporter:  taupecat                             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request                      |      Status:  new
  has-unit-tests                                 |  standards

Comment (by taupecat):

 I've updated my pull request with the DocBlock documentation (for
 developer.wordpress.org) updated to reflect the increase to 64 characters.

 The plugin developer guide should be updated after this change is merged
 into core and released.

 And logging into the old Codex just appears to be broken. 😞

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54070#comment:13>