[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54024: Internal links with href=outdated-slug and a data-type data-id as fallback should use that and update href=new-slug instead of resulting in broken link (404)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 6 19:35:30 UTC 2021

#54024: Internal links with href=outdated-slug and a data-type data-id as fallback
should use that and update href=new-slug instead of resulting in broken
link (404)
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  abitofmind       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new

Comment (by abitofmind):

 - 👍 All issues outlined here can be solved with plugins (examination in
 link below)
 - ❌ Except healing broken links in the markup when having intercepted a
 slug-change during the event of saving a page or when pages in
 hierarchical structures are moved or parents changed their name.

 - I outsourced the approach based on the page-save-event:
   - to [https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/
 Github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/]
   - as [https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/34599 When changing
 a slug offer options to update internal incoming links]
   - As soon as I receive a reaction there, I update here accordingly.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54024#comment:3>