[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54054: Remove role="navigation" from the markup of the the_posts_pagination() function

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 6 16:50:49 UTC 2021

#54054: Remove role="navigation" from the markup of the the_posts_pagination()
function
----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ilovewpcom      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
  close                     |

Comment (by alexstine):

 I always got confused in regards to where I should use roles or just HTML5
 elements so I used them both. However, if there is no longer a negative
 effect that could be caused by some browsers/screen readers not fully
 supporting the native HTML5 elements, this has my support to drop the
 roles. It makes the code a bit cleaner and simpler.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54054#comment:7>