[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54331: Add a hook in wp_http_validate_url to control which ports are allowed for remote requests

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 28 08:40:57 UTC 2021

#54331: Add a hook in wp_http_validate_url to control which ports are allowed for
remote requests
 Reporter:  xknown       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  HTTP API     |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 By default we only allow ports 80, 443, and 8080 to be used for (safe)
 remote requests.

 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/5.8/src/wp-
 includes/http.php#L584

 It'd be nice to have a way to remove these hardcode ports so we can better
 control which ports are allowed or not.