[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54258: post_type query parameter added to url causes incorrect type search results (5.8.1)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 13 20:28:38 UTC 2021

#54258: post_type query parameter added to url causes incorrect type search results
(5.8.1)
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  arestelle          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by sabbirshouvo):

 Replying to [comment:1 arestelle]:
 > I'm looking into my custom theme code and I do have a function that
 applies this parameter, but only when the current query is a custom
 taxonomy or a search. I suspect either the `WP_Query::is_tax()` or
 `WP_Query::is_search()` is now returning true on custom post type archive
 pages.

 Please mention your theme function here that adds the parameter as
 reference. Without seeing anycode no one will be able to identify what is
 the actual problem.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54258#comment:4>