[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54418: Admin menu sidebar: Customizer menu item is not visible when a classic theme is active

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 11 10:44:42 UTC 2021

#54418: Admin menu sidebar: Customizer menu item is not visible when a classic
theme is active
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  poena           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Description changed by poena:

Old description:

> When a classic, php based theme without support for full site editing is
> active,
> the customizer menu item is not visible in the WordPress admin sidebar
> menu.
>
> It is still visible in the top bar on the front of the website, when a
> user with enough privileges is logged in.
>

> I believe the intention was to only hide this menu item when a theme with
> support for full site editing is active.

New description:

 When a classic, php based theme without support for full site editing is
 active,
 the customizer menu item is not visible in the WordPress admin sidebar
 menu.

 It is still visible in the top bar on the front of the website, when a
 user with enough privileges is logged in.

 I believe the intention was to only hide this menu item when a theme with
 support for full site editing is active.

 (This is without and with Gutenberg 11.9 active)

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54418#comment:1>