[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43060: register taxonomy should accept a label to affect the description under each field on the Add Tag form

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 10 00:57:45 UTC 2021

#43060: register taxonomy should accept a label to affect the description under
each field on the Add Tag form
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  mclaurent         |       Owner:  SergeyBiryukov
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:6 jeremyfelt]:
 > The possibility of `new_item_description_description` is a little
 strange, but we've probably seen stranger. :)

 I didn't quite like `description_description`, so I would like to propose
 some tweaks here:

 * The descriptions are technically not for the term name, slug, etc.
 itself, but for the Name field, Slug field, etc. So I would suggest these
 for clarity:
  * `name_field_description`
  * `slug_field_description`
  * `parent_field_description`
  * `desc_field_description`
 * Including those long strings in the array like that makes it hard to see
 if they are the same or different for hierarchical and non-hierarchial
 taxonomies. I would suggest assigning them to variables first, to make it
 clear that they are the same for both types of taxonomies, with the
 exception of `parent_field_description`.
 * These new labels need inline documentation and a `@since` note.

 See [attachment:"43060.3.diff"].

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43060#comment:22>