[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53985: Change suggested maximum image size to 2560 pixel (like big image threshold)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 9 16:08:15 UTC 2021

#53985: Change suggested maximum image size to 2560 pixel (like big image
threshold)
-------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  zodiac1978   |       Owner:  antpb
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by webcommsat):

 * keywords:  needs-copy-review has-patch => has-patch

Comment:

 1) Agree having the actual maximum size of an image will be clearer for
 users.

 2) We may need to check if there are any LearnWP resources which refer to
 2500 pixels that would need to be changed to 2560 too. Will check with the
 Training team once this ticket goes through.

 3) Suggest a reword of the text to make it easier to follow especially for
 new users. As we are approaching feature freeze, this reword has been re-
 reviewed with @marybaum.
 ''Change from:''
 "Post-processing of the image failed likely because the server is busy or
 does not have enough resources. Uploading a smaller image may help.
 Suggested maximum size is 2560 pixels."
 ''to:''
 "The server can not process the image. This can happen if the server is
 busy or does not have enough resources to complete the task."

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53985#comment:14>