[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54331: Add a hook in wp_http_validate_url to control which ports are allowed for remote requests

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 3 07:52:54 UTC 2021

#54331: Add a hook in wp_http_validate_url to control which ports are allowed for
remote requests
 Reporter:  xknown                               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
Changes (by costdev):

 * keywords:  needs-unit-tests good-first-bug has-patch 2nd-opinion dev-
     feedback => needs-unit-tests good-first-bug has-patch

Comment:

 Thanks for the feedback @dd32!

 [https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/pull/1790 PR 1790]'s
 current implementation results in `__return_empty_array` marking all
 requests as unsafe and `__return_false` throwing a PHP Warning, so it
 looks like the PR is good to go after the suggested changes are handled.

 I'll submit the unit tests on Friday if we haven't seen an expression of
 interest from a new contributor by then.

 Removing `2nd-opinion` and `dev-feedback`. Thanks again!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54331#comment:8>