[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54305: Transition of block editor width when previewing desktop/tablet/mobile causes multiple resize events (and unnecessary lag)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 1 13:54:06 UTC 2021

#54305: Transition of block editor width when previewing desktop/tablet/mobile
causes multiple resize events (and unnecessary lag)
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  askpivot     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by askpivot):

 I think I traced the animation effect to this file in the block editor
 repo:
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/blob/trunk/packages/edit-
 post/src/components/visual-editor/index.js
 Line 189:

 {{{
 <motion.div
         className="edit-post-visual-editor__content-area"
         animate={ {
                 padding: isTemplateMode ? '48px 48px 0' : '0',
         } }
         ref={ blockSelectionClearerRef }

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54305#comment:2>