[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42329: Customizer: interacting with text fields in a "wide" widget shifts child panel position in Safari.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 31 19:45:08 UTC 2021

#42329: Customizer: interacting with text fields in a "wide" widget shifts child
panel position in Safari.
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  pagelab        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by pagelab):

 Do "wide" (legacy) widgets display correctly in the new (5.8) block-based
 widget editor?

 I tested it on a fresh WordPress installation (5.7.2) with Gutenberg
 (10.7.1) and Twenty Twenty One (1.3), and “wide” widgets do not display
 correctly at all:

 See https://youtu.be/YunTKcrakxQ

   Can the issue described in this ticket be otherwise reproduced by anyone
 in the most recent version of Safari?

 I could not reproduce the original issue in the latest Safari version
 (14.1) with the Gutenberg Plugin deactivated.

 But, as you can see in the video above, the “wide” behavior of the widget
 does not work with Gutenberg enabled.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42329#comment:6>