[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53232: Add async decoding attribute as default to the HTML image tags generated by WordPress

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 21 09:25:48 UTC 2021

#53232: Add async decoding attribute as default to the HTML image tags generated by
WordPress
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  isaumya          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new

Comment (by isaumya):

 Hi @ayeshrajans,
 Thanks for the +1. I Googled about those filter you mentioned but couldn't
 find any documentation about it. Do you have any snippet to currently add
 it in the Gutenberg generated images? As the code block I provided above
 won't work for any Gutenberg images and there is no  `image_send_to_editor
 ` for Gutenberg, so I couldn't add it for Gutenberg generated pages.

 If you have a working code snippet that will help a lot of people to add
 it right now to their WP sites until this gets added to the core code.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53232#comment:4>