[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53176: Block Editor: Backport the FSE infrastructure required to make the template editor work for classic themes.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 19 12:01:31 UTC 2021

#53176: Block Editor: Backport the FSE infrastructure required to make the template
editor work for classic themes.
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  youknowriad     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new

Comment (by Bernhard Reiter):

 I'll start tackling this one. I'll probably use this issue to discuss
 potential approaches -- we might want to massage the API a bit when
 carrying it over from Gutenberg to Core (rather than copying it 1:1).

 Some relevant discussions here:

 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/31604#pullrequestreview-655398786
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/31652#issuecomment-836553438

--