[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53201: Admin UI Posts: Pagination via offset uses inconsistent sorting for tie-breaks

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 13 18:18:40 UTC 2021

#53201: Admin UI Posts: Pagination via offset uses inconsistent sorting for tie-
breaks
--------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  msea55        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by msea55):

 Thank you @pbiron . I did search for a similar ticket before creating this
 one, but I didn't find it (or any of the others linked), I guess I just
 searched the wrong thing. Out of curiosity, I saw
 [/https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/47642/patch.47642.20201030.1
 the patch linked to that] it looks like it only addresses cases where the
 existing sort contains a numeric field and not cases where the existing
 sort is just on a string field (for which this problem is less likely to
 occur but could) or where there is no existing sort, which is my case with
 the admin ui default sort. Is that being considered or does it make sense
 for me to add a comment to that thread on the topic?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53201#comment:2>