[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53147: Twenty Twenty: Theme Causes bbPress/BuddyBoss Main Forum Page to Display Text

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 13 15:48:52 UTC 2021

#53147: Twenty Twenty: Theme Causes bbPress/BuddyBoss Main Forum Page to Display
Text
---------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  deborah86      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  closed

Comment (by deborah86):

 @desrosj

 **Changes made in the Customizer are saved into the database and are not
 based on any files in the theme. This is a feature, and it seems to be
 working exactly as intended.**
 This is the problem with WordPress. The same rules that apply to plugins
 should apply to themes. If a user deletes a theme, all files related to
 the theme should be removed. Users should get a fresh install of the theme
 if they decide to reinstall it again.  If users want to keep the settings
 for a theme, they have the option to make the theme inactive.

 See WordPress.org Documentation:  [https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins
 /plugin-basics/uninstall-methods/]

 **If you wish to start from scratch, each color option in the Customizer
 should have a "Default" button you can click to return to the default
 value. Alternatively, you can delete the theme_modes_twentytwenty option
 in your site's database. This will give you a fresh, unmodified setup of
 the theme.
 **

 I don't want to start the colors from scratch. I want to delete the entire
 theme and start from scratch with the entire theme because the theme's
 template files were corrupted.  I don't want to delete my entire WordPress
 install to get rid of the theme files. I should just be able to click on
 delete and all theme files should be erased.

 I have to re-do my entire website because this simple feature is not
 enforced on theme creators and that is taking hours.

 Deleting a theme should be as easy as deleting a plugin.  Theme developers
 like you don't understand how not being able to delete a theme creates an
 issue for website owners who use their websites to make a living. I have
 had to stop all my marketing efforts until I can get my website back
 online.  It is taking hours to rebuild the website. I am unable to just
 transfer my website because the issue appears in the new website.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53147#comment:13>