[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53147: Twenty Twenty: Theme Causes bbPress/BuddyBoss Main Forum Page to Display Text

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun May 9 15:18:29 UTC 2021

#53147: Twenty Twenty: Theme Causes bbPress/BuddyBoss Main Forum Page to Display
Text
---------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  deborah86      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  closed

Comment (by deborah86):

 @Clorith

 **You can however freely remove a theme without completely deleting
 WordPress, this is done from the Appearance > Themes screen (please note
 that you will need to choose a new theme first, as you can not delete an
 active theme). This will completely remove any files from the server. An
 update to a theme (or a plugin, this behavior is the same in both cases)
 will also completely replace that theme or plugin, deleting any existing
 files before installing the new version.**

 No, it does not remove all the theme files.  The problem is when you
 delete the twentytwenty theme, all the theme files are not deleted. When
 you reinstall, it installs with the same settings as before.

 I deleted the twenetytwenty theme. I reinstalled. All the edits I made to
 the theme in the customizer showed back up. I was not given a brand new,
 fresh version of the theme with the default settings.

 The reinstalled version of the theme had my initial color choices, layout
 options, etc.

 There is no way to delete the settings for the theme for a brand new fresh
 install like you are installing the theme for the very first time.

 I have tried this on a few websites. This is an issue with the theme.

 The only option given to users is to start completely over in a brand new
 WordPress install.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53147#comment:11>