[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53132: MU/Network > Plugins: plugins (only) activated in subsite could be marked as such

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun May 2 08:46:27 UTC 2021

#53132: MU/Network > Plugins: plugins (only) activated in subsite could be marked
as such
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  retrovertigo               |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                |     Status:  new
Component:  General                    |    Version:
 Severity:  minor                      |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration, multisite  |
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 This is a suggestion/request:

 In a multisite setup I have plugins which are not network-activated, but
 activated on a subsite. They are, correctly I suppose, listed as
 “inactive” in the Network > Plugins table.
 Plugins listed there have two actions “Network Activate” and “Delete”.

 The later is what brought me here.
 I can delete a plugin a subsite relies on without additional warning.

 Would it be feasible to either:
 1. add a third action “Deactivate on subsites” while the network-
 deactivated plugin is still activated somewhere further down and have
 “Delete” disabled until the new action has been triggered or
 2. have a new column above the table
 “All” “Active (network)” “Active (subsites)” …
 and plugins in “Active (subsites)” have “Network Activate” and “Deactivate
 on subsites”