[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52555: Twenty Nineteen: Link-based buttons do not have a text color set in the editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 25 14:48:58 UTC 2021

#52555: Twenty Nineteen: Link-based buttons do not have a text color set in the
editor
-------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  mikejolley               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by mikejolley):

 Hmm thats puzzling because I am certain I tried this before and had the
 behaviour I described :( I must have been looking at another button.

 > Please don't insinuate that I am delaying your patch.
 > What I am, is unable to properly test the patch.

 Sorry if I came across that way. I am frustrated with how difficult it is
 to replicate this with only WP and no 3rd party plugins.

 It's probably not ideal to get people to install an old version of Woo and
 Woo Blocks to test this so I've written a small snippet to add a SSR block
 which just renders a button directly in the editor.

 If you add this to theme functions.php, and then insert the bug/button-
 styling block into a page you should immediately see a blue button with
 blue text in the editor, and a blue button with white text in the
 frontend. **Do not click the button** because it appears that ":visited"
 links do have correct white styling.

 Snippet:
 https://gist.github.com/mikejolley/111f4b80a77a1897964388b08d419b31
 Editor screenshot: https://user-
 images.githubusercontent.com/90977/112491400-2ddd4580-8d78-11eb-
 85d4-0d46c79bd1a8.png
 Frontend screenshot: https://user-
 images.githubusercontent.com/90977/112491395-2d44af00-8d78-11eb-929b-
 c03f5236fdbb.png

 After applying the patch, you will see white text on blue background in
 the editor as well. The CSS I am adding to the editor stylesheet is copied
 from the frontend stylesheet.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52555#comment:12>