[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52555: Twenty Nineteen: Link-based buttons do not have a text color set in the editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 25 12:28:06 UTC 2021

#52555: Twenty Nineteen: Link-based buttons do not have a text color set in the
editor
---------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  mikejolley     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by mikejolley):

 @poena If that were the case we wouldn't see the blue button styling at
 all in the preview right? I'm assuming Twenty Nineteen does already handle
 this.

 It's difficult to include any other testing instructions—the only way to
 reproduce this issue is to have a block which implements buttons using the
 same markup generated by the button block. So the original example in
 WooCommerce which renders multiple buttons as part of product views, or
 using button markup directly as HTML in the HTML block.

 As I said before, the actual button block is not affected by this issue
 because it uses different markup in the editor to that rendered in the
 frontend.

 For what it's worth, WooCommerce uses the same markup for buttons as the
 button block so that buttons inherit styling from the theme. Personally I
 see no issue with this, and the other default themes have no issue with
 this either.

 Other 3rd party Blocks which need to render buttons would likely need to
 do something similar, so if this is not fixed upstream in Twenty Nineteen,
 they'll encounter the same issue as we did and need to style the editor in
 Twenty Nineteen specifically to work around it.

 I hope this makes the justification for this one liner a little clearer.
 If you don't think this needs fixing in Twenty Nineteen please close the
 issue. We have a workaround in WooCommerce now anyway.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52555#comment:10>