[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53567: Bug Report: Url Slugs Truncated in Gutenberg Blocks Post Editor (but not the previous editor)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 30 19:59:47 UTC 2021

#53567: Bug Report:  Url Slugs Truncated in Gutenberg Blocks Post Editor (but not
the previous editor)
 Reporter:  schow         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  5.7.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui            |
 The website dharmatavoice.org is a Tibetan language site where we'd like
 to use encoded Tibetan characters in url slugs.

 In the previous version of the editor, most Tibetan post titles could be
 used as url slugs.

 However, in themes that use Gutenberg blocks (we're using twenty-twenty),
 the same title is truncated (sometimes in the middle of a syllable), and
 if the title is re-edited, either the change cannot be saved, or the post
 id is substituted.

 Currently, our only workaround is to use the post id in urls.