[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53432: Fatal error during update to 5.8 of a site with an active Gutenberg plugin (version less than 10.7)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 29 23:50:22 UTC 2021

#53432: Fatal error during update to 5.8 of a site with an active Gutenberg plugin
(version less than 10.7)
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  oglekler                   |       Owner:  hellofromTonya
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by peterwilsoncc):

 I've pushed some changes to the [https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-
 develop/pull/1431 linked pull request], in it's final form:

 * modifies function to disable the plugin in `update_core()` to account
 for network enabled plugins on multisite
 * Displays a notification in the admin to indicate the plugin has been
 disabled
 * Disabling within the DB upgrade still needs some work and a little more
 discussion on whether it's needed so I've left that out for now.

 I think this is in a good form for commit, but given I wrote the code it
 would be good to get another committer to sign-off on the code.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53432#comment:29>