[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53375: Loading separate core block assets tries to load stylesheets on blocks that doesn't have styles

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 28 20:56:03 UTC 2021

doesn't have styles
--------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  walbo         |       Owner:  desrosj
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by walbo):

 Here is a detailed steps to replicate after a request in slack:

 1. Create a new WordPress installation. I use `npm run env:start` in
 wordpress-develop.
 2. Add `add_filter( 'should_load_separate_core_block_assets',
 '__return_true' );` in `functions.php`. I have twenty twenty-one enabled.
 3. Set permalinks to `Day and name`. (if not the file will return 301. See
 #53506)
 4. Edit the hello world post. Insert columns. Select 50/50. Insert a
 paragraph in one of the columns.
 5. Save the post and visit the page frontend.
 6. Open the network and look for a 404 on `http://localhost:8889/wp-
 includes/blocks/column/style.css`

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53375#comment:31>