[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53525: On WP 5.8-beta4-51244 inside toggle block inserter default search text is not visible when in dark mode

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 28 09:07:28 UTC 2021

#53525: On WP 5.8-beta4-51244 inside toggle block inserter default search text is
not visible when in dark mode
-----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  alanjacobmathew  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new

Comment (by poena):

 Thank you, yes I can see it now.
 It also happens when dark mode is turned off and the body background color
 is any dark color from the palette or color picker.

 Because of that, I tested with two other themes. I choose Twenty Twenty,
 which has support for dark editor styles, and confirmed that that same
 problem happened with that theme.

 The second theme was a copy https://github.com/Automattic/_s because it is
 basically blank.
 In functions.php, I added
 {{{
 add_theme_support( 'editor-styles' );
 add_theme_support( 'dark-editor-style' );
 add_editor_style( 'editor-style-dark.css' );
 }}}

 I created a blank css file called editor-style-dark.css.
 The blank file did nothing, the color in the search field was correct.
 I added a body background to the CSS file:
 {{{
 body {
         background: #333;
 }
 }}}

 This changed the text color of the search field.
 ''Note that this is all the CSS in the file. There is no text color.''

 The conclusion is that this is not a theme issue, but an issue with the
 editor when
 add_theme_support( 'dark-editor-style' ); is used.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53525#comment:7>