[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53511: Deprecated: block_categories / block_editor_preload_paths is deprecated since version 5.8.0!

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jun 25 12:23:38 UTC 2021

#53511: Deprecated: block_categories / block_editor_preload_paths is deprecated
since version 5.8.0!
 Reporter:  oldrup        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:
 Severity:  minor         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Hey

 When testing WordPress 5.8 beta 3 with debug on, I get these errors in the
 post editor if any plugin adding blocks or shortcodes is activated:

 {{{
 Deprecated: block_editor_preload_paths is deprecated since version 5.8.0!
 Use block_editor_rest_api_preload_paths instead. in
 /home/oldrupdk/oldrup.net/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5465

 Deprecated: block_categories is deprecated since version 5.8.0! Use
 block_categories_all instead. in /home/oldrupdk/oldrup.net/wp-
 includes/functions.php on line 5465

 Deprecated: block_categories is deprecated since version 5.8.0! Use
 block_categories_all instead. in /home/oldrupdk/oldrup.net/wp-
 includes/functions.php on line 5465
 }}}

 The editor somewhat covers the errors, in this screenshot turned down a
 bit to make the error visible : https://snipboard.io/b9q87r.jpg

 Are those issues that should be examined by the plugin developers, or is
 it a core thing? I'm in doubt as the errors are thrown by /wp-
 includes/functions.php on line 5465

 Bjarne