[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53460: There are no blocks in the block inserter, when you press the Add Block button in the widget area on the Widgets screen.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 23 14:48:00 UTC 2021

#53460: There are no blocks in the block inserter, when you press the Add Block
button in the widget area on the Widgets screen.
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  thingsym      |       Owner:  (none)
Changes (by desrosj):

 * keywords:  needs-testing => needs-patch

Comment:

 Thanks for this report @thingsym.

 I am still able to reproduce this on a fresh beta 3 install.

 When the widget area is empty, the block insterter is indeed empty. This
 happens regardless of whether there were blocks in the sidebar when the
 page loaded.

 I'm going to flag this with the editor team for further investigation.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53460#comment:3>