[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53434: Reusable Blocks - raised a ticket in March (now closed) but still have a problem

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 16 18:06:40 UTC 2021

#53434: Reusable Blocks - raised a ticket in March (now closed) but still have a
problem
---------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  hicklingadmin  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor         |    Version:  5.7.2
 Severity:  critical       |   Keywords:  needs-design-feedback
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Hi!
 #52873: Reusable Blocks
 I raised an issue about this in March but I still cannot make it work ...
 I've been avoiding this issue and just trying not to have to remove
 reusable blocks from individual pages in the hope that the issue would be
 corrected in updates but it hasn't been. Now I'm in a situation where I
 need to delete a reusable block on one page without losing it on all the
 other pages that it appears on.
 I really am an amateur and much of the advice and comment on the ticket
 and the links that you provided just don't make sense to me - I can't see
 how the breadcrumb at the bottom of the page helps and I can't
 alter/remove a reusable block and update the page without the new save
 function applying the change everywhere.
 I attach a screenshot; I am trying to remove the 'empty page' graphic from
 the top of the page because I am now adding material to the page and it
 isn't empty anymore.
 I am crying tears of frustration as only an amateur out of her depth can
 do!!
 I would be very grateful if you could explain how to do this, please.
 Best wishes,
 Jane.
 (I have a couple of screenshots but I can't see how to attach them ...)