[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53388: Block widgets in the editor are not reflecting how they will look on the site

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 15 01:42:33 UTC 2021

#53388: Block widgets in the editor are not reflecting how they will look on the
site
-----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  desrosj          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by noisysocks):

 > 1) There should be better generic default styling since of the blocks
 don't look great as is and

 > Is there any way that styles from themes that apply to these blocks
 could be repurposed by the editor without having to specify them?

 A potential solution here is to implement editor styles in the widgets
 editor, see GB26163. There are some design issues with implementing this,
 though. @tellthemachines is working on determining how feasible it is to
 do this in time for WordPress 5.8.

 > 2) The default themes should include better personalization.

 > I also think there should be a devnote to call out and encourage this
 personalization

 Agreed. All of the bundled themes should ideally be updated to work nicely
 with blocks which can now be added to widget areas. I can work on getting
 a dev note out. Do you know of anyone who could volunteer to work on the
 bundled themes?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53388#comment:5>