[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50290: Edit Post and Edit Page is not showing in Admin Bar, When I open any Post or Page in new tab while in Customize

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 1 03:06:11 UTC 2021

#50290: Edit Post and Edit Page is not showing in Admin Bar, When I open any Post
or Page in new tab while in Customize
 Reporter:  dhruvpandya                          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 I believe this is the intended behavior whenever a page is viewed in the
 context of a customize preview session. More specifically, when the
 customize_changeset URL parameter is passed. The reasoning being that
 editing the post context within the context of a customize changeset would
 be technically problematic.

 Can anyone deeply familiar with changesets confirm this intent, and
 whether [attachment:"50290.patch"] would likely cause issues?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50290#comment:2>