[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53569: Block widgets editor is hidden if a block enqueues 'wp-edit-post' stylesheet

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 30 09:44:41 UTC 2021

#53569: Block widgets editor is hidden if a block enqueues 'wp-edit-post'
stylesheet
 Reporter:  dlh                                  |       Owner:  zieladam
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  closed

Comment (by seanvarnham):

 @desrosj, thanks for this! I've spent the last couple hours trying to find
 out any information on this - presumably as it's new.

 Could you point us in the direction of a fix please? I've narrowed the
 issue down to the code in our agency's blocks plugin:

 {{{
 add_action( 'enqueue_block_editor_assets', 'enqueue_editor_assets' );
 function enqueue_editor_assets() {
     wp_enqueue_script(
         'block-editor-assets',
         plugins_url('dist/editor_script.js', __FILE__),
         array(
             'wp-blob',
             'wp-block-editor',
             'wp-blocks',
             'wp-components',
             'wp-compose',
             'wp-data',
             'wp-date',
             'wp-dom-ready',
             'wp-edit-post',   // this looks like the problem ??
             'wp-element',
             'wp-hooks',
             'wp-html-entities',
             'wp-i18n',