[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53827: Increase number of media items displayed when clicking button to display more

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 29 14:34:36 UTC 2021

#53827: Increase number of media items displayed when clicking button to display
more
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  antpb         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media         |    Version:  5.8
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:                |
 In #50105 a "Load More" button was introduced to improve the experience
 for more people. It has been reported in various forms of feedback that
 the number of items displayed when clicking "Load More" is too low.

 We should consider increasing this number in 5.8.x to load more
 attachments so folks can get through their Media Library faster as we
 prepare to make this setting more configurable in 5.9 or later. It's worth
 noting that the aim of the experience we're trying to emulate is the
 ability folks once had to navigate to a deeper page than "next batch."

 #53787 has been created to handle the configurable bits of this feature.