[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53736: Increase the number of results in Appearance > Menus > Add menu items > Pages > Search

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 22 11:49:40 UTC 2021

#53736: Increase the number of results in Appearance > Menus > Add menu items >
Pages > Search
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  pawanahluwalia  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Menus           |    Version:  5.8
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                  |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Often when searching for a page to be added to the main menu, the page
 searched for is not listed. However, if the posts_per_page parameter on
 line 82 of wp-admin/includes/nav-menu.php is increased to say 50, then the
 page searched for shows up. Therefore I am requesting that the
 posts_per_page parameter is made into a user defined option so that it can
 be set to any value OR make the search feature more relevant so that it
 displays the page being searched for. The result shown are often
 irrelevant to the search parameter.

 For example, If I have a page with the the word 'Summer' in the title and
 I search for 'Summer' from over 700 pages, that particular page does not
 show up in the results of the search in the first 10 items. In fact none
 of the first 10 items has anything to do with 'Summer'. The page only
 shows up if I increase the number of search results.