[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53670: Lazy-load admin functions in the new widgets editor REST API instead of bootstrapping the entire admin on every request

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 16 13:27:42 UTC 2021

#53670: Lazy-load admin functions in the new widgets editor REST API instead of
bootstrapping the entire admin on every request
 Reporter:  zieladam      |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by zieladam):

 @noisysocks good question! The answer hinges on what @azaozz mentioned:
 will the benefits surpass the costs. I see the proxy functions as
 something we could use across the entire WordPress core, not something
 that's specific to the new widgets eeditor.

 The next step here would be to analyze what can we gain and what can we
 lose. Maybe the gains would be minuscule, a few microseconds here and
 there. Maybe they would be much larger than that in some contexts. It's
 hard to tell. I'll do some measurements and report back.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53670#comment:3>