[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53655: Repeater fields are no longer visible in the legacy widgets since WP version 5.8

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 14 12:01:43 UTC 2021

#53655: Repeater fields are no longer visible in the legacy widgets since WP
version 5.8
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  veminom             |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Widgets             |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Tested WP 5.8 with some of the widgets having repeater fields.

 WP 5.8 RC3

 Theme:
 Twenty Twenty-One

 Plugins:
 1. Meks Smart Social Widget ( latest version )
 2. Astra Widgets ( latest version )

 Steps to reproduce:

 1. Go to dashboard -> widgets - https://share.bsf.io/eDuyp7R1
 2. Add any of the above widgets - https://share.bsf.io/bLuk25dy
 3. Add repeater fields - https://share.bsf.io/8LuoE10B
 4. Refresh the widgets page and you will notice the repeater fields are
 gone. Though it will load properly in the frontend.

 WP 5.8 repeater fields gone - https://share.bsf.io/X6uALQQx
 WP 5.7 repeater fields available - https://share.bsf.io/p9uAyQe7

 Screencast - https://share.bsf.io/jkuPBWO9

 This same behavior can be observed in the Customizer -> Widgets

 With WP 5.8 - https://share.bsf.io/QwuAzdBm
 With WP 5.7 - https://share.bsf.io/L1uBl9yO

 I think this is a bug or I could be missing something.

 Thank you!