[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50787: Consolidate the logic for displaying WP & PHP compatibility messages for themes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 22 16:24:53 UTC 2021

#50787: Consolidate the logic for displaying WP & PHP compatibility messages for
themes
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  SergeyBiryukov             |       Owner:  SergeyBiryukov
     Type:  task (blessed)             |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by hellofromTonya):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing has-unit-tests => needs-testing needs-
     patch

Comment:

 Removing `has-patch` and `has-unit-tests` and adding `needs-patch` to
 continue iterating on the solution per Sergey's review.

 Replying to [comment:20 SergeyBiryukov]:
 > Thanks for the patch!
 >
 > Just noting that [attachment:"50787.2.diff"] is a good start, as it
 touches all the relevant areas, but is not quite what I envisioned for
 this ticket.

 > I would like to consolidate not just the strings (that doesn't seem to
 reduce much code), but also the repeated logic for these messages, i.e.
 various conditionals for adjusting them based on user capabilities and
 what actually needs updating. Sorry if that was not clear from the
 description.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50787#comment:22>