[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42519: Links in AutoUpdate-Mail contain horizontal ellipsis, which causes broken links

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 17 18:06:36 UTC 2021

#42519: Links in AutoUpdate-Mail contain horizontal ellipsis, which causes broken
links
-------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  transl8or                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new
Changes (by hellofromTonya):

 * keywords:  close => close reporter-feedback

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:4 transl8or]:
 > Hi @dd32, thanks for pointing that out.
 > After checking that issue with various other mailclients, it's definitly
 a parsing problem at Posteo.de, probably because of the " ". I'll
 leave that to them now.

 > And have re-approved the translation in german with the " …
 so they have a scenario to reproduce it.

 Hello @transl8or,

 Double checking my interpretation. The issue is not due to core but rather
 due to a third party, i.e. Posteo.de. Is this correct? If yes, then we can
 close this ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42519#comment:5>