[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44610: Allow Youtube-Player to use youtube-nocookie.com URLS to avoid setting cookies.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 17 15:56:45 UTC 2021

#44610: Allow Youtube-Player to use youtube-nocookie.com URLS to avoid setting
cookies.
 Reporter:  jepperask                            |       Owner:
                                                 |  williampatton
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned
  testing-info                                   |

Comment (by adakaleh):

 It's pretty straightforward:

 1. Apply the patch from https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-
 develop/pull/630
 2. Create a new post.
 3. Paste in a YouTube video URL.  Ex:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90WD_ats6eE
 4. Open the HTML inspector and search "https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/".
 You should see that the newly added iframe's "src" attribute starts with
 "https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/".  Ex: https://www.youtube-
 nocookie.com/embed/90WD_ats6eE?feature=oembed

 If it doesn't work like I described above, let me know.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44610#comment:33>