[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52111: Classic Editor - TinyMCE Visual Page editor not working correctly after update to version 5.6

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 10 12:14:34 UTC 2021

#52111: Classic Editor - TinyMCE Visual Page editor not working correctly after
update to version 5.6
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  spikeuk1      |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by herrvigg):

 hello,
 I’m the maintainer of qTranslate on github and we are also encountering a
 case that looks related, it is a major issue. This seems to occur quite
 randomly, but so far I observed it only in combination with WP5.6,
 Firefox, and the Visual Editor – using the Classic Editor that many, many
 people still use. Sometimes the problem disappears just by reloading
 exactly the same page in a different tab…
 For reference: https://github.com/qtranslate/qtranslate-xt/issues/931

 I observed one interesting event: for some reason (due to WP 5.6 +
 Firefox?), a listener i have on window.load even does not trigger all the
 time as it should, though i’m sure the addEventListener is called. If i
 add another dummy listener on window.load, this one is called all the
 time, which looks quite insane. Why would a window.load not be triggered?

 A few elements grabbed from [https://wordpress.org/support/topic/edit-
 post-page-broken-after-update-to-wp-5-6/]:

 > The issue seems to be that:
 > wp.oldEditor.initialize() is no longer firing and many plugins/blocks
 looking for this > event are no longer functioning.

 Could this be related to what I observed with window.load not firing
 properly in some event listener?

 > Uhh, I just reverted to an older jquery via a plugin – and that fixed
 it. :/

 That seems to confirm something is going wrong with some event.

 This post can also be found here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic
 /edit-post-page-broken-after-update-to-wp-5-6-2/

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52111#comment:10>