[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52678: Pages containing a table are not updating since my site upgraded to 5.6.2 (resubmitting as a new ticket as I think I made a mistake the first time round)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 28 19:02:25 UTC 2021

#52678: Pages containing a table are not updating since my site upgraded to 5.6.2
(resubmitting as a new ticket as I think I made a mistake the first time
round)
 Reporter:  ragdollx      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:
 Severity:  critical      |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Hello,

 Since my website upgraded to 5.6.2 on 23rd Feb I've been unable to update
 any pages that contain a table.

 I use the Centric theme.

 Pages that don’t contain a table are updating with no problems.
 My site is page based not post based.

 Pages containing a table are still displaying successfully on my website
 and I’m able to make changes to pages with tables (I still use the Classic
 Editor) but when I press Update, the update fails and the button displayed
 in the WordPress tool bar at the top of the page switches from “View Page”
 to “View Post” even though I was updating a page and not a post….it’s
 really hard to explain so I hope you understand what I mean.

 When I then go back to my website and look at the page I was editing the
 changes haven’t been made.

 All of my tables are generated by using the Insert Table option in the
 Classic Editor and I only use the table as a tidy means of displaying a
 list of dances we do at each class.
 After each class I change the font colour of each dance we did at class
 that day so my dancers are able to access a link to another website for
 viewing the dance steps.

 When I teach a new dance, I add that dance to the table.

 I really don’t know what is causing the problem and therefore have no idea
 how to fix it and I’m really stressed that I’m unable to update some pages
 properly.

 I normally use Google Chrome but have also tried using Microsoft Edge but
 the problem also occurs using that.

 I’ve deleted my Google Chrome cache and have removed caching plug-ins…this
 has made no difference.

 I‘d be very grateful if someone is able to give me some advice on how to
 resolve the problem.

 Most of my pages contain a table which means that I'm currently unable to
 update my site after each class.....this is my reason for selecting
 "critical" as the severity level for my problem.

 Please let me know if I need to provide additional information.