[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45407: Add block attributes to `wp_calculate_image_sizes` to allow for proper handling of `sizes` attribute

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 18 15:51:16 UTC 2021

#45407: Add block attributes to `wp_calculate_image_sizes` to allow for proper
handling of `sizes` attribute
--------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  mor10                     |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by antpb):

 * milestone:  Future Release => 5.8

Comment:

 This seems to be a high impact ticket that many folks are asking about.
 Image sizes in general are maybe in need of additional context when used
 in blocks such as Galleries. @skorasaurus was kind enough to summarize
 many related issues in this gist:
 https://gist.github.com/skorasaurus/a01249d4302226bf12c80dd979322303

 From discussions in the media meeting, we think that this ticket might be
 the best starting place to making it easy for components such as a gallery
 to provide context for the sizes it needs. Marking 5.8 so we can
 investigate and keep discussions rolling through the cycle. This is not so
 much an indicator that it will be solved in this cycle.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45407#comment:45>