[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38741: Introduce the concept of a large site in order to speed up the Users screen when there are many users

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 15 20:50:54 UTC 2021

#38741: Introduce the concept of a large site in order to speed up the Users screen
when there are many users
 Reporter:  johnbillion              |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  accepted
  feedback needs-testing 2nd-        |  multisite, performance
  opinion                            |

Comment (by tripflex):

 Replying to [comment:60 johnbillion]:
 > Unfortunately not as that commit got reverted. See
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38741#comment:25 .

 Yeah was going to say, we have ~300k users on a site and this is still a
 major issue, had to write my own plugin to dynamically search for users
 (like WooCommerce does), filtering on the `users_pre_query` to only
 initially return user 1 (as to not load all users).

 Doing this reduced our initial page load by almost 10+ seconds, and we're
 not running on a shared server or anything, this is on an elite plan with
 Pantheon so the resources are there but having 1m+ usermeta rows and 300k+
 users def causes slowdowns in admin area anywhere `wp_dropdown_users` is
 used

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38741#comment:61>