[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47120: Media modals: Upload errors and field information are not associated with their control

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 13 00:02:24 UTC 2021

#47120: Media modals: Upload errors and field information are not associated with
their control
----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia                           |       Owner:  antpb
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by joedolson):

 The delay is so that all other reading will be finished by the time the
 error message is read. Ideally, the 'Select Files' button should not be
 read at all. I suspect that the reason the ._defer call doesn't work is
 because Backbone does something to add a second callstack after the
 callstack including the defer is finished, and that is a refresh of the
 file uploader view. Fixing that would probably require a significant
 refactor of the media library, however.

 The focus/speak order was intentional; moving focus and then calling the
 error ensure that the new focus won't interrupt the wp.a11y.speak call. I
 haven't tested switching the order in combination with the ._delay
 function, however.

 I would only expect that to change the order of 'Dismiss Errors' and the
 error message itself; it would have no impact on the ordering of 'Select
 Files'.

 > I wanted to ask if this patch should also fix the wp-admin/media-new.php
 view, that is reached from the menu under Media > Add New

 Yes. That view is a bit wonkier, however; the calls are slightly
 different, and messier.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47120#comment:72>