[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52479: On WordPress 5.6.1 Chrome always ask if we're sure to reload or leave the page when we click anywhere

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 9 16:03:40 UTC 2021

#52479: On WordPress 5.6.1 Chrome always ask if we're sure to reload or leave the
page when we click anywhere
--------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  willmic       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by davidbaumwald):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate
 * component:  General => Editor
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Old description:

> After update my WordPress core to 5.6.1 I noticed that whenever I click
> anywhere on the page when I reload or try to change the page the Chrome
> alert which says that the modifications we did might not be saved.
>
> Before it happened when I really was modifying something on the form. But
> now even if I click on the grey background where there's nothing I get
> the alert.
>
> It's on the edit post page of any Post Type. Not happening on the
> Taxonomies, nor medias, nor anywhere else I think.
>
> It's annoying when you navigate a lot, you always have to confirm the
> alert.
>
> I reverted to Wordpress 5.6 and I no longer had the bug. Going back again
> to 5.6.1 the bug comes back, and so on.

New description:

 After update my WordPress core to 5.6.1 I noticed that whenever I click
 anywhere on the page when I reload or try to change the page the Chrome
 alert which says that the modifications we did might not be saved.

 Before it happened when I really was modifying something on the form. But
 now even if I click on the grey background where there's nothing I get the
 alert.

 It's on the edit post page of any Post Type. Not happening on the
 Taxonomies, nor medias, nor anywhere else I think.

 It's annoying when you navigate a lot, you always have to confirm the
 alert.

 I reverted to WordPress 5.6 and I no longer had the bug. Going back again
 to 5.6.1 the bug comes back, and so on.

 Hi, @willmic, and welcome to WordPress Core Trac!  This issue is one
 that's been recently discovered, and it's being tracked(and fixed) in
 #52440.  If you have any additional information to add, please add it
 there going forward.  Thanks again!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52479#comment:1>