[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52440: "Leave site? Changes you made may not be saved" on custom taxonomy pages after WP 5.6.1 update

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 4 01:02:16 UTC 2021

#52440: "Leave site? Changes you made may not be saved" on custom taxonomy pages
after WP 5.6.1 update
 Reporter:  archon810     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  5.6
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Hi,

 We use custom taxonomies extensively, and as of 5.6.1 today, every custom
 taxonomy page now prompts with "Leave site? Changes you made may not be
 saved." This has never happened before for custom taxonomies and is now
 quickly getting really annoying.

 I don't see anything obvious in the changelog that would explain it
 https://wordpress.org/support/wordpress-version/version-5-6-1/, but
 perhaps this is an inadvertent bug related to another change?

 P.S. 5.6.1 isn't available in Trac yet, so I'm forced to select 5.6 for
 now.