[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54571: Creating post via REST API with custom slug and "publish" status appends "-2" to slug

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 28 03:45:24 UTC 2021

#54571: Creating post via REST API with custom slug and "publish" status appends
"-2" to slug
-----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  markus.magnuson  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  closed
Changes (by dlh):

 * status:  new => closed
 * version:  5.8.2 =>
 * resolution:   => invalid
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:2 markus.magnuson]:
 > I suspect this might have something to do with the specific installation
 then, which has various plugins installed and uses Oxygen to build pages.

 Thanks for checking back! With this comment in mind, I'm going to close
 the ticket as being likely caused by a plugin, but please don't hesitate
 to reopen the ticket with more details if it turns out the issue can be
 traced back to core.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54571#comment:4>