[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54683: Allow the Customize admin bar node to show on the front-end when using a block theme if any plugins use the Customizer.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 22 23:43:19 UTC 2021

#54683: Allow the Customize admin bar node to show on the front-end when using a
block theme if any plugins use the Customizer.
 Reporter:  pbiron        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize     |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch
  Focuses:                |
 In 5.9, when a block theme is being used, the `Appearance > Customize`
 menu is not present unless a plugin uses the Customizer.

 The `Customize` admin bar node should be shown be shown on the front-end
 if any plugins are using the Customizer, even of the current theme is a
 block theme.

 Note: since not that many plugins use the Customizer, I don't think it's
 essential that this get fixed before 5.9 is released...though, I certainly
 wouldn't object if the release leads want to include this in 5.9 :-)