[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54652: Hitting Backspace In the Reusable Block Naming Modal Deletes Modal and Selected Blocks

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 20 22:21:41 UTC 2021

#54652: Hitting Backspace In the Reusable Block Naming Modal Deletes Modal and
Selected Blocks
------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  jeffr0                              |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                        |      Status:  new
Changes (by hellofromTonya):

 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback has-testing-info

Comment:

 Hello @jeffr0,

 Welcome to WordPress Core's Trac! Thank you for reporting this issue with
 5.9 beta 1.

 In testing on macOS Big Sure with no plugins activated and using Twenty
 Twenty-Two (TT2) theme, I was able to reproduce backspace deleting the
 content, but not able to reproduce control+Z not restoring the content. I
 got the same results when activating the latest version of Gutenberg.

 The behavior of closing the "Create Reusable Block" modal and deleting the
 content on backspace seems incorrect to me. This behavior is different
 from 5.8.1 which keeps the modal open and the content intact. I'll open a
 Gutenberg issue to report that upstream for resolution.

 I'm curious why control+Z does not restore the content for you. Can you
 check this please? Highlight some content and delete it. Then do
 control+Z. Is the content restored?

 If no, please open Dev Tools in your browser (typically by right clicking
 and then selecting "Inspect" or "Inspect Element"). Then go to the
 "Console" tab. Are there any errors in the console?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54652#comment:3>