[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54575: Provide guidance to users seeking to preview block themes on WordPress versions below 5.9

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 14 11:56:33 UTC 2021

#54575: Provide guidance to users seeking to preview block themes on WordPress
versions below 5.9
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  kjellr        |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by antonvlasenko):

 @hellofromTonya I can't reproduce it using
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54575#comment:2 these steps].
 I think we don't display Live Preview buttons for block themes now
 (because they cannot be live previewed neither in the Customer nor in the
 Site Editor). Only the current theme can be previewed in the Site Editor
 (if it's a block theme).
 [[Image(https://cldup.com/G9q_VLKtzV.png)]]
 And when we merge this PR in the issue will be solved for Customiser as
 well.
 [[Image(https://cldup.com/Aj90405oKX.png)]]
 [[Image(https://cldup.com/UU5fzA4ily.png)]]
 Please correct me if I'm wrong.